[OpenVPN-NL] OpenVPN-NL 2.4.4-nl1 released

Steffan Karger steffan.karger at fox-it.com
Wed Nov 15 12:54:42 CET 2017

We'd like to point out one more important change in the default
settings of OpenVPN-NL 2.4, to help users transition more smoothly:

OpenVPN-NL 2.4 by default rejects certificates (anywhere in the chain)
that use a SHA1 digest, or RSA keys that are smaller than 2048 bits.

We strongly recommend to use certificates that match these criteria,
but if support for SHA1 and/or < 2048 bits RSA is required, use the
"--tls-cert-profile legacy" option to re-enable support for
certificates with SHA1 or 1024+ bits RSA.

[4] https://github.com/OpenVPN/openvpn/blob/v2.4.4/Changes.rst